||Our client is a growing company in the mechanical contracting industry that are looking to hire a Health & Safety Officer to manage the safety requirements of their workforce. This candidate will ensure that the company remains pro-active in providing a safe place for its employees.
This position will involve working alongside the management team and the project managers to:
- Develop, implement and monitor health and safety policies
- Support employees at all levels of the business in following safety policies and ensuring that staff are trained for their roles
- Prepare and report on data regarding safety, accidents and risk
- Investigate all injuries, accidents, near misses and property damage
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of regulations such as OHSA, Ministry of Transportation, Technical Standards Safety Authority and other regulatory bodies.
- Prepare Company Health and Safety Management System to become COR Certified
This position requires 7+ years of relevant construction experience, working knowledge of heavy equipment and construction processes, and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
First Aid, CPR and Construction Safety Officer Certification is beneficial but not required.
This position pays $70,000 per annum.
To be considered for this unique opportunity please submit a resume:
GTA Skilled Trades
310 North Queen, Suite 200
Etobicoke, ON, M9C 5K4
Please note that only candidates who are a fit for the position will be contacted.